UHV Linear Translator
LTV Linear Translation Stage
AML ultra high vacuum compatible linear translation stages provide long travel with minimum height for loads of up to several kilograms They have widely spaced 'V' roller guides and are useful in simpler compound mechanisms where torsional loads are small. They are manufactured with UHV compatible material and construction methods and utilize AML UHV stepper motors. Smooth motion is provided by a diamond corrected lead screw and a matched, precision lapped nut to ensure good positional stability and incorporate a preloaded leadscrew nut to eliminate backlash.
- Standard travels from 50 mm to 400 mm
- Resolution 1 µm or 5 µm
- Traverses up to 5 or 15 mm/sec.
- Directly stackable for XYZ
- Suitable for use below 1 x 10-10 mBar
- Bakeable to 200°C
- Can optionally be fitted with limit switches or an optical encoder
- May be customised to suit specific requirements
SMD3 Stepper Motor Drive
Stepper motor drive optimised for use with AML UHV-compatible motors. Four operating modes including USB remote from a host PC and opto-isolated step and direction inputs. Continuous monitoring of motor temperature is provided with automatic shutdown to prevent motor damage.