SMD3 Stepper Motor Drive
Single-axis bipolar stepper motor drive
From £365.00 excl. VAT and transportation cost$515.00 excl. VAT and transportation cost€445.00 excl. VAT and transportation cost
The SMD3 is a single-axis bipolar stepper motor drive that is engineered to operate vacuum-compatible stepper motors with maximum performance while minimising temperature rise. It is optimised for use with AML UHV-compatible motors.
Powerful software is supplied with the SMD3 that enables you to control and configure multiple SMD3 units simultaneously, in a single user-friendly graphical interface.
- Single-channel UHV stepper motor drive optimised for vacuum use, ideally suited for use with our range of UHV stepper motors
- Advanced low-power drive techniques for minimum motor temperature rise, minimum outgassing and maximum operating time
- Holding torque can be controlled independently of dynamic torque under program control, to reduce power
- Full-step and up to 256x micro-step resolution, with user-configurable transition from micro step to full-step mode (stops on full-step positions only; micro-stepping used for control of resonance and smoother step transition)
- Continuous monitoring of motor temperature with automatic shutdown if motor temperature exceeds tolerable levels
- Current adjustable from 0 A to 1 A RMS in approx. 30 mA steps
- 2 x configurable limit inputs
- Opto-coupled step, direction and enable interface
- Control via USB
- Comprehensive configuration and control software supplied, or interface to your own application. C# API is available
UHV Compatible Stepper Motors
Ultra High Vacuum stepper motors. Available in a range of sizes with torque ratings from 70 mNm to 800 mNm. They are suitable for low speed precision in-vacuum manipulation without the use of particle generating motion feed-throughs.