NGC3 Ion Gauge Controller with Active Gauge Input
Bayard-Alpert Ion Gauge Controller
£1,583.00 excl. VAT and transportation cost$2,005.00 excl. VAT and transportation cost€1,870.00 excl. VAT and transportation cost
The NGC3 is a high-accuracy Ion Gauge controller that offers integrated pressure measurement and control of Ionisation and Active gauges. The NGC3 supports four modes of Ion gauge operation; Auto and Interlock use Active or Pirani gauge pressure to automatically start/stop the Ion gauge, or prevent it from starting based on Active or Pirani gauge pressure. External inhibit allows start/stop of Ion gauge from an externally supplied logic signal. Use manual mode to force Ion gauge on and off as required.
The NGC3 incorporates an industry standard RJ45 jack that allows connection of most low power Active gauges, enabling a continuous measurement range of 1200 mBar to 3 x 10-11 mBar when used with our AGP Active Pirani gauge head or equivelant.
- Continuous measurement range: 1200 mBar to 3 x 10-11 mBar
- Controls 2 Ion gauges (sequentially), 1 Active gauge and 2 AML legacy Pirani gauges
- Bright green LED display; measurements are easy to read. Assignable custom gauge labels
- Multiple Ion gauge modes, including start/stop and interlock based on Active or Pirani gauge pressure
- 1U high full-width for easy rack-mounting
- Display pressure in mBar, Torr or Pascal, or Ion current in Amps
- Password protection feature; prevent inadvertent changes to important setup
- Automatic or manual emission current setting; sensitivity adjustable 1 mBar-1 to 140 mBar‑1
- Manual and automatic electron-bombardment degas programs
- 4 power relays for process control
- System bake-out program with control of temperature, time and over-pressure limit. Integral K-thermocouple amplifier
- RS-232C interface for data-logging and control, 1.0 volt/decade Recorder output
- Operates from 100 V to 240 V, 48 to 65 Hz supply without adjustment
|NGC3||Ion Gauge Controller||1,583.002,005.001,870.00|
AML AIG1xG are recommended. Bayard-Alpert gauges from many other manufacturers are suitable without adjustment other than sensitivity.
From 1 x 10-3 to below 3 x 10-11 mBar with a UHV gaugehead with tungsten filaments. The lower limit is dependent on gaugehead, cable construction, cable length and conditions of use. The upper limit is determined by the acceptable life of the filament and my be extended by the use of thoria or yttria-coated iridium filaments.
Accuracy and repeatability:
Determined principally by the gauge-head: controller errors are much smaller. Emission at 0.5 mA is recommended. Electrometer logarithmic conformance at 21°C, <1% at 1 mA to 10 pA, <10% at 10 pA to 2 pA.
Grid: +200 V in emission, +500 V at ≤60 mA in degas.
Filament: +50 V bias, ≤12 V at ≤4.2 A (Tungsten), ≤2.6 A (Iridium) with filament power limited to 30 W maximum.
AML types PVU and PVB.
A constant-voltage bridge circuit reduces contamination at high pressures. AML Pirani gaugeheads may be exchanged or extension leads may be connected without adjustments being necessary.
Self-powered or Active Gauge with +10 V full-scale output. Format selectable between linear (1, 10, 100, 1000 mBar or Torr full scale) or log (1 V/decade, 0.5 V at 1 x 10-6 mBar). The instrument provides a regulated +24 Vdc supply, 1 W maximum, protected by a 50 mA self-resetting fuse to power a connected Active gauge.
4 x single-pole, change-over. 5 A at 240 V maximum.
Independently assignable to any gauge.
Mineral-insulated K-type with miniature flat-pin connector.
Settable bake temperature (50°C to 250°C), bake time (1 hour to 90 hours) and overpressure limit.
1200, 2400, 4800 or 9600 (Default) baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, no handshaking.
Scientific notation (1 or 2 decimal place resolution) or bar-graph displays in mBar, Torr or Pascal.
Whole values in pA, nA, μA and mA.
5°C to 35°C for specified performance. Incoming air temperature is measured and displayed. Operation is inhibited at >40°C.
100 V to 240 V nominal at 48 to 65 Hz, without adjustment.
<20 W idling, <75 W in emission.
Width: 19″ full-width rack (482.6 mm), Height: 1U (44.45 mm), Depth 270 mm.
Ultra High Vacuum Ion Gauges
Nude Bayard-Alpert ion gauges covering the vacuum range 1 x 10-3 to 3 x 10-11 mBar. They are intended for electron-bombardment degas. Available with a range of filament materials.
MEMS Active Pirani and Piezo Gauge
The AGP Pirani and piezo gauge incorporates cutting edge MEMS sensor technology with precision digital signal processing and advanced measurement algorithms.
AGP-1 to NGC3 Adapter
Female DB9 to Female 8P8C RJ45 adapter for connecting an AGP-1 Active Pirani Gauge to an NGC3 Ion Gauge Controller with a patch lead.
USB to DB9 RS-232 Adapter Cable
USB to DB9 RS232 cable lets PC users add an additional serial port for RS-232 connections using USB.