We are pleased to announce the launch of our new NGC3 Ion Gauge Controller
Posted on Tuesday 25th February 2020 at 15:00
Following on from the success of our NGC2D Ion Gauge Controller, we have worked to improve upon the NGC2D platform and are pleased to announce our new NGC3 Ion Gauge Controller. The NGC3 adds support for active gauge pressure measurement, using AML’s AGP-1 Active Pirani Gauge and many other low power active gauges.
In addition, the NGC3 introduces four new ion gauge modes of operation, allowing greater control and taking advantage of the wider measurement range offered by the active gauge input:
- Auto and Interlock use Active or Pirani gauge pressure to automatically start/stop the Ion gauge, or prevent it from starting based on Active or Pirani gauge pressure
- External inhibit allows start/stop of Ion gauge from an externally supplied logic signal
- Manual mode forces the Ion gauge on and off as required
By utilising the ultra-wide range high-performance MEMS sensors incorporated into the AGP-1 Active Pirani Gauge, the measurement range of the NGC3 has been increased to 1200 mBar through to 3 x 10-11 mBar of continuous measurement.
Although designed to work best with the Arun Microelectronics AGP-1 Active Pirani Gauge, the NGC3 supports many self-powered or active gauges/transducers with +10 V full-scale output from other vendors. The NGC3 provides a regulated +24 Vdc, 1.0 W power supply to power a connected active gauge.
The NGC3 Ion Gauge Controller maintains many of the same attributes and functionality as the NGC2D; providing integrated high-accuracy Bayard-Alpert (BA) Ion Gauge pressure measurements and process control. The new NGC3 also maintains the following industry-leading features from the NGC2D:
- Bright green LED display; measurements are easy to read. Assignable custom gauge labels
- 1U high full-width for easy rack-mounting
- Display pressure in mBar, Torr or Pascal, or Ion current in Amps
- Password protection feature; prevent inadvertent changes to important setup
- Manual and automatic electron-bombardment degas programs
- 4 power relays for process control
- System bake-out program with control of temperature, time and over-pressure limit. Integral K-thermocouple amplifier
- RS-232C interface for data-logging and control, 1.0 volt/decade Recorder output
- Operates from 100 V to 240 V, 48 to 65 Hz supply without adjustment