UHV Compatible Stepper Motors
Ultra High Vacuum Stepper Motors
From £600.00 excl. VAT and transportation cost
AML UHV compatible stepper motors are available in a range of sizes with torque ratings from 70 mNm to 800 mNm. They are suitable for low speed precision in-vacuum manipulation without the use of particle generating motion feed-throughs. The considerable reduction in mechanical complexity, absence of metal to metal sliding surfaces and low outgassing characteristics make these motors especially suitable for sensitive handling applications.
All motors are designed, cleaned, hand assembled and conditioned to UHV standards in our ISO Class 7 cleanroom.
- High torque fourth generation UHV stepper motors
- Suitable for use below 1 x 10-10 mBar
- Bakeable to 200°C
- Step angle of 1.8°
- Step angle tolerance of ±5%
- Operational temperature range -65°C to +175°C
- Cryogenic extended operating temperature option available, range -196°C to +175°C
- Embedded thermocouple or PT100 sensor
- Open construction with all internal spaces vented
- Continuous running in vacuum at high torque and step rates with SMD210 drive
- Gamma radiation hard versions available 1 x 106 Gy
- Standard motors are fitted with open stainless steel bearings, lubricated with NyTorr® 6300 ultra low outgassing UHV grease
- Hybrid silicone nitride ceramic bearings option available, dry lubricated with tungsten disulfide
- Custom shaft modifications available
D42.1 Bundle 1+ + + +
UHV Stepper Motor, 180 mNm
Dual Sequential Stepper motor drive
Feedthrough, 18-way, GMS, NW35CF
Non Bakeable lead, 3 m, MLF18F to SMD210
In-vacuum bakeable female connector, 18-way.
Total bundle price:
£2038.00 £1936.00 (saving £102.00)
SMD210 Stepper Motor Controller
Stepper motor controller specifically designed to drive AML UHV-compatible motors. Two motors may be driven sequentially under host computer control or by using an internally stored program. Manual operation is also possible using the front-panel or a hand-held joystick.
SMD3 Stepper Motor Drive
Stepper motor drive optimised for use with AML UHV-compatible motors. Four operating modes including USB remote from a host PC and opto-isolated step and direction inputs. Continuous monitoring of motor temperature is provided with automatic shutdown to prevent motor damage.