SMD4 Stepper Motor Drive
Single-axis bipolar stepper motor drive
Preliminary data - contact us for more information.The SMD4 is a single-axis bipolar stepper motor drive that is engineered to drive vacuum-compatible stepper motors with maximum performance and minimal heat. It is optimised for use with AML UHV-compatible motors.
- Optimised for vacuum: Single-channel UHV stepper motor driver, ideally suited for use with our range of UHV stepper motors.
- Maximises motor operating time: Minimise temperature rise and outgassing with advanced drive current profiles
- Motor thermal protection: Monitor motor temperature using the thermocouple or RTD inputs. Drive current is removed if temperature exceeds safe levels
- Voltage boost feature: Power using a standard 48 Vdc power supply, and the drive voltage is boosted to 67 Vdc to maximise speed and torque
- Smooth motor operation: Up to 256x micro-step resolution minimises resonances, providing smooth motion
- Performance: Current adjustable from 0 A to 1 A RMS in 30 mA steps, with dynamic set-points for acceleration, running and hold currents