Electronics Design Engineer
Would suit a recent graduate.
AML is currently recruiting for a dynamic and motivated Electronics Design Engineer to join the design team in Arundel, developing next generation sensors and control systems. An interest in software application development would also be useful.
- Electronics design from concept through to production working from a design brief supplied by the senior design engineer.
- Schematic capture, simulation, PCB layout
- Embedded software development
- Windows application development (or a willingness to learn)
- Design validation and testing
- EMC and safety testing
- Production of high quality, consistent design documentation and artefacts
Ideal Qualifications, skills & experience
- A degree in Electronics Engineering or a related discipline, with strong A Level results
- Embedded firmware development in C (experience in PIC and ARM Cortex processors ideal)
- Windows PC software development in C#/.net or C++
- Schematic capture and PCB layout (Proteus preferred)
- Modelling and simulation using tools such as MATLAB
- Subversion: Document management
- Self-motivated and self-managed, well organised with strong problem solving, analytical & administrative skills
- Fluent English language skills
The successful applicant will be confident and capable of working under pressure and on multiple tasks simultaneously to achieve results. They will have a positive and resilient attitude, being able to work both on their own initiative and as part of a wider team. The successful applicant will be capable of communicating effectively across all levels and disciplines, both internally and externally. They will have strong influencing skills and be able to project a clear sense of purpose, with the ability to identify and prioritise activities being essential.
Salary £25,000 - £27,000 per annum